This was the second time Bolt secured the Olympic gold for the 100m sprint. Nobody has ever run as fast as him at the Olympics. How is it possible for one human being to literally run like the wind?
Now look at this second clip of Bolt and see him run, woah!
Bolt is quoted as saying about his successes:
“For me, I'm focused on what I want to do. I know what I need to do to be a champion, so I'm working on it.”
I would like you to consider the following questions and share your answer with your peers:
The vocabulary we we would like you to try and use in your answers is based around INSPIRATION:
- to inspire
- to be inspired
- Do the videos inspire you?
- Are you inspired by the message of the GB video, "Don't Stop Me Now"
- Is the music from the GB video inspiring?
- Does Bolt's effort inspire you?
- How impressive is Bolt's performance?
- Does he inspire you to make more of an effort at things you do?
- His journey to this point, only for the Olympics as an adult, has been 8 years. That is the same length of time as you spent in primary and middle school. Can you imagine giving up everything else for your dream?
- Do you think it is possible for everyone to be inspired to achieve such greatness in their chosen field?
- Why do some people manage to achieve everything, while others simply fall away?
- As a Turkish student, and a lover of football, can your nation ever be really successful in the Olympics?